Vice President, Advertising and Sponsorship Sales
URL Media is a network of Black and Brown news & information outlets. URL, which shares content and revenues, stands for Uplift, Respect and Love and these are actions we pledge to our audiences, our vendors, our partners, ourselves and, all importantly, our staff.
We are hiring for several full-time roles to help us scale and build a better future.
We think we are a great place to work because:
- We are growing quickly (from attracting philanthropy and advertising dollars to increasing network members and direct subscribers);
- Our co-founders are women of color who are veteran newsroom executives; we value truth, empathy and compassion in leadership, execution, communication, community impact and profitability;
- We expect to learn together and from each other; we pride ourselves on hiring people smarter than us;
- We are a for-profit company that believes in growth, sustainability and financial success. We also believe business can be a force for good, workplaces should reflect our values and wealth can be shared;
- We are a workplace where you get to be yourself; this embrace of you as you is baked into our mission;
- Our work is purposeful and needed more than ever;
- Our work will be measured by our ability to reach specific goals that will be articulated clearly and consistently;
- We are flexible on where you work;
- We are committed to helping you advance your life and career goals.
- Develop and implement revenue-generating strategies for URL products and services (ex: newsletter, podcast, recruitment, content sharing, video, advertising).
- Develop and execute long-term and short-term strategies to generate sponsorship revenue through the sales of packages consisting of existing assets and new opportunities.
- Collaborate with content and production teams to ensure URL properties are optimized for sales.
- Create sales plans to bring brands to market.
- Lead all facets of the sponsorship and indirect sales process including strategy development, identifying new and emerging categories, prospect outreach, presentations, negotiating, and closing deals.
- Execute effective corporate sales calls and presentations with the goal of meeting established sales objectives.
- Work with URL leadership to identify partners and/or build the technology for a URL Media Ad Network.
- Provide ongoing feedback to internal team on market response and needs.
- Manage the sales pipeline.
- 3-5+ years sponsorship/sales experience.
- Successful history of selling media and experiential marketing sponsorships.
- Expertise in identifying opportunities; developing strategies; and closing deals.
- Institutional knowledge and deep understanding of the sponsorship industry.
- A robust network of decision makers and influencers on both the brand and agency side that can be leveraged immediately.
Please note: If you do not meet all the criteria listed, we’d love to hear from you anyway. This job is truly for someone looking to break the molds of current media models and advertising as we’ve always known it.
To apply: Send cv to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line specifying which role you are applying for and enclose resume and cover letter telling us about yourself and outlining your approach to this job.