Director of Operations
URL Media is a network of Black and Brown news & information outlets. URL, which shares content and revenues, stands for Uplift, Respect and Love and these are actions we pledge to our audiences, our vendors, our partners, ourselves and, all importantly, our staff.
We are hiring for several full-time roles to help us scale and build a better future.
We think we are a great place to work because:
- We are growing quickly (from attracting philanthropy and advertising dollars to increasing network members and direct subscribers);
- Our co-founders are women of color who are veteran newsroom executives; we value truth, empathy and compassion in leadership, execution, communication, community impact and profitability;
- We expect to learn together and from each other; we pride ourselves on hiring people smarter than us;
- We are a for-profit company that believes in growth, sustainability and financial success. We also believe business can be a force for good, workplaces should reflect our values and wealth can be shared;
- We are a workplace where you get to be yourself; this embrace of you as you is baked into our mission;
- Our work is purposeful and needed more than ever;
- Our work will be measured by our ability to reach specific goals that will be articulated clearly and consistently;
- We are flexible on where you work;
- We are committed to helping you advance your life and career goals.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of business.
- Implement and institute work flows and development of URL products and services (ex: newsletter, podcast, recruitment, content sharing, advertising).
- Oversight of finance, legal, technology/product and people & culture departments.
- Develop, manage and implement revenue sharing policies and procedures for the URL Media network partners.
- Work with URL leadership to identify partners and/or build the technology for a URL Media Ad Network.
- Develop and manage budgets for various departments.
- Oversee financial growth, reporting revenue margins and conduct budget reviews.
- Contribute to grant proposals and manage grant deliverables and reports.
- Devise and track mutual memoranda of understanding among partner organizations.
- Draft and execute contracts and file invoices; work closely with our legal team.
- Reports to President, works with CEO and other team members to develop and implement strategy for revenue and network growth.
- Example of expectations/ activities Grow the URL Media network from current nine to 20 within 6 months.
- Work with Sales head to secure three major sponsorship contracts within 6 months.
- Work with Audience head to build a weekly newsletter and increase social media following to 10,000 across multiple platforms by June 2022
- 3 – 4 years of management experience
- Obsessed with workflow and process
- Financial management
- Passionate about digital media, diversity and entrepreneurship
- Open minded, receptive to feedback, willing to accept ideas from people at all levels
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to explain sophisticated technical concepts to people of different backgrounds
- Fast learner of new and unfamiliar technology interfaces
- Proficient in Excel; PowerPoint; Google Docs
- Extremely detail oriented
- Natural leader, teacher and mentor
To apply: Send cv to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line specifying which role you are applying for and enclose resume and cover letter telling us about yourself and outlining your approach to this job.